Fort Lauderdale Pedestrian Accident Attorney
When you are out and about, maybe walking from one store to the next or simply walking to the park, the last thing you expect is to get injured. Unfortunately, pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to the reckless of other people around them, especially negligent drivers.
Do you know where to turn if you are injured in a pedestrian crash?
At Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates, P.A. we want to help you recover the compensation you deserve. When we take your case, you can be sure you will be our focus. If you need a Fort Lauderdale pedestrian accident attorney, call us today.
In Florida, there were over 9,000 pedestrian accidents last year. In the latest reporting year, there were 659 fatalities and 8,126 injuries due to pedestrians in crashes. Nearly every pedestrian crash resulted in an injury or a fatality. Why is this the case?
Simply put, our bodies are not made to absorb the impact of a vehicle slamming into them. Even at slower speeds, injuries can occur. When there is a high-speed impact, the injuries can be catastrophic.
- Minor injuries can include lacerations, broken or dislocated bones, or concussions.
- Major injuries can include severe internal organ damage, a spinal cord injury, or a traumatic brain injury.
Many of those injuries require extensive medical care, including surgery and long-term rehabilitation. Did you know that the first-year medical costs of some spinal cord injuries can be over $1 million? Will your insurance cover all of these costs, including other hidden accident expenses (lost wages, pain and suffering, and more)?
How They Happen
Sometimes these accidents are really just accidents, but there are many times when a person’s extreme negligence leads to major injuries. What kind of behavior is the most deadly for pedestrians?
- Impaired Driving – drunk drivers are a danger to everyone in or around the roadway, particularly pedestrians. There were more than 5,000 alcohol-related crashes last year in Florida.
- Distracted Driving – anyone who is more focused on their phones or other people in their vehicles becomes an immediate danger to everyone around them because they are certainly not watching the roadway.
- Speeding/Aggressive Driving – so many people do not think twice about speeding, even around crosswalks and intersections.
Pedestrian crashes increased by almost 3.5% from 2016 to 2017, a trend that we hope reversed soon.
Where To Go For Help
Pedestrian crashes are usually unexpected and they can leave a person with serious injuries. If you or a loved one have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence, call Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates, P.A. today. Not only will you be getting help from a compassionate legal team, but you can start to get your life back to normal.
We will focus on you and your needs by secure compensation for all of your accident-related expenses. This includes medical bills and lost wages to pain and suffering damages. When you need a Fort Lauderdale pedestrian accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 305-831-4333.